Dallas, TX: Ben Bella Books, Inc., 2015. New/new.
From the Publisher
Broadcasting Happiness will "inspire you and change your life."
We are all broadcasters. As managers, colleagues, parents and friends, we are constantly transmitting information to the people around us, and the messages we choose to broadcast create success or hold us back.
New research from the fields of positive psychology and neuroscience shows that small shifts in the way we communicate can create big ripple effects on business and educational outcomes, including 31 percent higher productivity, 25 percent better performance ratings, 37 percent higher sales, and 23 percent lower levels of stress.
In Broadcasting Happiness
, Michelle Gielan, former national CBS News anchor turned positive psychology researcher, shows you how changing your broadcast changes your power by sharing jaw-dropping stories and incredible research. Learn Michelle's simple research-based communication habits that have been featured in her PBS program Inspire Happiness and Oprah's 21 Days to Happiness class. Broadcasting Happiness
will help you:
- Inoculate your brain against stress and negativity by fact-checking challenges
- Drive success by leading a conversation or communication with positivity
- Rewrite debilitating thought patterns and turn them into fuel for resilience and growth
- Deal with negative people in a way that lessens their power
- Share bad news more effectively to increase future social capital
- Create and sustain a positive culture at work or home by creating contagious optimism
- Help the people you care about most move from negative to positive in seconds Broadcasting Happiness
showcases how real individuals and organizations have used these techniques to achieve results that include increasing revenues by hundreds of millions of dollars, raising a school district's graduation rate by 45 percent, and shifting family gatherings from toxic to thriving.
Changing your broadcast can change your life, your success, and the lives of others around you. Broadcasting Happiness
will show you how
Title: Broadcasting Happiness, The Science of Igniting and Sustaining Positive Change
Categories: Psychology, Business, Book,
Publisher: Dallas, TX, Ben Bella Books, Inc.: 2015
ISBN Number: 1941631304
ISBN Number 13: 9781941631300
Book Condition: New
Jacket Condition: new Jacket
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 11595